Thursday, June 4, 2009

Heber Valley Ride

My friend, E, invited me to ride the bike course she will be taking when she competes in the Battle At Midway triathlon on the 13th. I have always wanted to ride around Heber Valley and E is good company, so I took her up on it. We decided to start at Soldier Hollow, site of some of the 2002 Winter Olympic events. As we drove up the hill to the lodge, E said how nice it will be "warm up" going downhill. All I could think about is how I was going to have to go back up the hill on the return trip. Remember, what goes down, must go up.

We rode for 20 miles and had a fun time. We accidentally ended up in downtown Heber-but don't blame our navigational skills, but blame the missing street sign. My favorite part was the hilliest part of the ride. Not because it was hilly, but it took us to the base of the mountains. I saw some feeding deer and lots of birds. I also like riding through the country, looking at the feeding horses, cows and sheep. Drivers were courteous, traffic was light and dogs were leashed. That makes for a very good ride.

By the way, I did suffer going back up to Soldier Hollow, but not nearly as badly as I thought I would.

No comments:

Post a Comment