Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Unwanted Laundry Aide


I hate folding laundry and always appreciate any help I can get in folding clothes. But when the above critter showed up in my clean laundry yesterday, I felt more comfortable folding clothes without its help. Besides, its limbs are too short to help me fold sheets.

I have no idea what type of bug this is, but it is cool looking with its rough, sandy colored flat shell. I just don't like it in my clothes basket. It did have the sense to hang around in the clean clothes rather than the dirty ones.

I took its picture to a meeting I attended, hoping someone could ID the bug. One person said it looks like what he calls a type of June bug. Another said he had no idea what it is, but he bet they don't travel alone (yikes!). So its picture is being sent to an entomologist for identification.

No comments:

Post a Comment