Friday, September 28, 2007

Chocolate cake for my brain-yum!

As part of Orem's Big Read, I have begun reading My Antonia by Willa Cather. I am embarrassed to admit this is the first Willa Cather book I have read.

I am used to reading books rather quickly, but this one is a slower read for me and that is OK. I feel like it is literary double super duper chocolate cake. Cather's descriptions of the landscape and people are so good that it takes time for me to read and digest it all. Like cake, it is rich and I can only read 15-20 pages at a time before my brain says "Let's take a break so I can digest what was just read." My brain is happy and full, and as with chocolate cake, it will be ready for more in a little while.

Thankfully, calories aren't involved :)

No comments:

Post a Comment