Thursday, February 12, 2009

Near Disaster



If I Only Had a Brain
I could while away the hours, conferrin' with the flowers
Consultin' with the rain.
And my head I'd be scratchin' while
my thoughts were busy hatchin'
If I only had a brain.
I'd unravel every riddle for any individ'le,
In trouble or in pain.
With the thoughts you'll be thinkin'
you could be another Lincoln
If you only had a brain.
Oh, I could tell you why The ocean's near the shore.
I could think of things I never thunk before.
And then I'd sit, and think some more.
I would not be just a nothin' my head all full of stuffin'
My heart all full of pain.
I would dance and be merry, life would be a ding-a-derry,
If I only had a brain.
-From The Movie: The Wizard of Oz


I nearly had a meltdown today. Late last night, I discovered my beloved Moleskine weekly notebook had gone AWOL. How was I going to remember all my appointments? What about all the notes I have taken? What about the ideas and funny family quotes? I was very worried. I turned my car inside out as well as parts of the house. I found the papers that were with the Moleskine, but not the Moleskine. Ah, PTA meeting at the school library, it was with me then. I left the meeting and bought a Val-O-Gram from the student council. Maybe I set it there amongst all the kids? Yikes! Hordes of students with my beloved book, reading my busy, strange, sometimes silly schedule! But I thought I left the school with it. Why hadn't I written my name in it, not just phone numbers? After asking God for some help and looking a little more, I had a good night's sleep.

When I took Astronerd to school this morning, I stopped by the office. Nope, no Moleskine there. Uh oh. I went to help AN and whined to AN's teacher about my missing "brain". He said "Oh, I think it is in the library. The librarian had it and asked me if I knew whose it was, but I didn't." I literally jumped for joy. There it was, sitting on the librarian's desk. I cannot describe the relief I felt. It is so pathetic to be dependent on a book that can be misplaced.

My brain and I have been reunited and I am thankful I was blessed with peace and with finding it. By the way, I don't believe it was a coincidence Astronerd's teacher was the one who knew its location. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment